FX-39 availability in the US

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by clay, Jan 28, 2008.

1. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    About a year ago, Paterson revived production of their developer line, including FX-39. I know it is available from places like MrCad in the UK, but I have been searching in vain for any US distributors. Has anyone been able to get this developer on this side of the Atlantic since its 'temporary' disappearance about 2 years ago?

Thanks.

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think you will find it difficult to get this developer in the near term. It's my understanding that FX-37 is very similar and, if you are willing to mix your own, will be a good substitue until B&H and other retailers will stock it.

3. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. FWIW, I have been mixing my own FX-37. The developers are very similar, with the pre-packaged stuff maybe a little finer grained and with a little more shadow detail. I guess I will just have to continue mixing it myself.

4. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did find some FX-39 at B&H the last time I was there (january 2006). Maybe give them a call?

5. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That sounds right. I bought my last bunch from them about that time. Then Paterson chemicals disappeared for a while before being re-introduced about a year ago. They don't list it as a stock item now.