fyi- APUG Classified Ad Sellers - please frequently check your ad comments

Discussion in 'APUG System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

The 'contact seller' link is not 100% reliable. We run into many problems with various email systems thinking apug mail is spam and blocking it. For example several people who use AOL may no longer visit apug yet are still getting email notifications. Rather than unsubscribe to those notifications they mark the mail as "spam". AOL getting several of these then decides to block all mail from apug.org to aol.com. This is just one of many examples (I'm currently trying to get AOL and a few other isp's to release this blocking of us). There are so many different automated 'spam' systems in place at the moment it's a wonder we can email at all. I'll update the classifieds area with a reminder notice for sellers to keep an eye on their comments. You can also try sending a test 'contact seller' to yourself to make sure your isp is allowing mail from us.

Thanks,
    Sean

2. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean,

It always struck me as weird that the classifieds had an email rather than PM "reply to" button; without wishing yet even more work on you, is there a way to convert the reply to button to send a PM rather than a email or add it as an option?

Frank

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was wondering also how easy would it to add the WTB to the subject line of the ad posted when someone choose the wanted buy function, it would sure be nice to look an see whether it is a wanted or a for sale in the subject line.

Dave

4. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I think that we need to remember that the current software that APUG runs on is actually several different software packages. That is why they don't always work together seamlessly. I'm sure the new version will fix a lot of these issues.

5. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, yup there is going to be an overhaul on the classifieds for sure. I'm going to try to integrate it much further including what is suggested above. Hopefully within a month or so..