Gallery Consignments

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by roteague, Jan 31, 2005.

1. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have a question for those here that do gallery sales. Do you have the gallery sign a consignment whenever you leave an image for sale with them or do you just go by word of mouth? I assume a lot of gallery owners expect to sign some type of consignment form. Your thoughts please,

Thanks,

2. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You should have a list of the images you are leaving with them, the agreed price structure and the commision. This is a bussiness transaction and you should approach it as one.

3. George Losse

George Losse Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I second Jorge's comments. It doesn't have to be a big formal paper. Just a list showing titles, descriptions, and prices. I would also put on that sheet the price breaks, what percentage to the gallery and to the artists and any other costs.

Some galleries will have their own papers, some don't. You should always be ready with yours.

A few minutes of work will head off a lot of headaches later.

4. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I was pretty well convinced of it myself, but I wanted to find out what the others were finding.

5. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I like to have the gallery owner sign one and I sign the other and we trade I get their autograph and they get mine

lee\c