Gel Filter Pouch

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by hortense, Jul 21, 2005.

1. hortense

hortense Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I would like to improve on the method I use to store my 4"x4" gel filters. Does anyone know of a pouch the would protect them and offer the convenience for carrying in a field pack?

2. Seele

Seele Member

Kodak Japan used to make one called "Kodak Filter Case", it looks like a small but very thick album, with 29 individual sleeves inside, each holds a 3" square Wratten in its paper envelope.

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a case from a 4x4" Kenko Technical Filter Holder that is just perfect for my 4x4" filters. I suspect you could find one of these old filter holders on eBay for cheap and buy it for the case.

For my 3x3" gels, lately I've been using a thing made by Moleskine, a company that makes nice little bound notebooks. It looks like a notebook, but instead of pages it has six file pockets, which is just enough to separate the filters into categories, and in each pocket I keep the filters separated by paper separators.

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another 3X3 holder is a 3 1/4 floppy disc holder from radio snack or rubbermaid. My radio snack version is about 1 1/4" thick 7 holds around 10 gel w/frames & the rubbermaid version 4 or 5 w/frame.

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    And if you want to get really fancy, Porta Brace sells a 4x4" filter pouch designed for those high-end glass filters they use for cine and video.

6. hortense

hortense Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks, guys, you've really given me an assortment. I'll look at 'em.

7. RichSBV

RichSBV Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Just back from a shooting trip where I was using my LEE 4 inch filters out of my zippered CD case! Works great and holds quite a few. Available just about everywhere very cheap...