Genova / Genoa, Italy

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by perkeleellinen, Mar 5, 2010.

1. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Next week I'm going to Genova to attend a conference. I'll take a P&S and will probably only have a bit of time early in the morning and late afternoon / evening.

Is there anything I shouldn't miss?
    Any photo shops where I can buy a roll or two - I always like to buy local if I can.
    Any pleasant areas for walking around the streets?

2. P C Headland

P C Headland Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well you could just walk around the Centro Storico - there are plenty of hidden gems. That should take up most of the day, since you'll probably get lost :wink: But you'll then have the chance to try some focaccia al formaggio. Mmmm.

It's a nice city to just wander around. Many of the best things are somewhat hidden compared to many of the more famous tourist spots.

3. Doubleday

Doubleday Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi Steve,
    I live in Genova, if you'd like I could show you around (probably in the afternoon/evening). Just let me know when you'll be here.

Massimo

4. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Massimo,

Very kind offer, thanks very much. I'll send you a pm with some details later today.

5. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well I had a good time and Massimo was an excellent tour guide. We chose the perfect time to meet as the sun was getting low and casting nice warm light over the buildings. I shot three rolls of 800Z in the little Olympus Mju II (which seems to be having a battery connection problem). Looking forward to getting into the darkroom now!