Geoffrey Crawley Article: Second of two about 400 speed films (October 2000)

Geoffrey Crawley Article: Second of two about 400 speed films (October 2000)

1. john_s

john_s Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    john_s submitted a new resource:

Geoffrey Crawley Article: Second of two about 400 speed films (October 2000) - Geoffrey Crawley Article: Second of two about 400 speed films (October 2000)

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Murray Kelly

Murray Kelly Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks John. Did I ever send you the original 1961/62 papers from the BJP? This was where he made his name, so to speak.

3. john_s

john_s Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello Murray. I have only just noticed this comment from you. No, you haven't sent those to me. It would be interesting if you could. No hurry, and don't go to too much trouble. My email address you already have.

I'm in the process of choosing a 35mm 400 speed film to take to Italy for 6 weeks. I prefer 120 but I have to minimise carrying stuff. (there's also a risk of theft, too!)

I'm tempted to choose Delta 400. I want to get good enlargements. I'm dubious about Crawley seeming to say that there's not much difference compared to HP5+. I'm still using Neopan400 in 120 size, but I thought the "new tech" films in 35mm might be better.

What do you think?

4. Murray Kelly

Murray Kelly Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK - it's on the way.

I agree about the tabular grain films. No personal experience esp. with 120 but the consensus seems to favour them over the old. It's the 'look' that doesn't suit all. I still dwell in the past and shoot nearly all slow film.

Cheers
    Murray

5. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. williamkazak

williamkazak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I enjoyed reading this. Can anyone point me to current writings about the new T-Max 400 in the 35mm version? The newest version increases development times. T-Max has been my film of choice since I comapared it to Tri-X years ago.