German made Argus C3 lenses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by tjaded, Nov 13, 2011.

1. tjaded

tjaded Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all--
    I picked up a set of Argus lenses today: Enna-Werk Munchen U.S. Zone Germany 100mm & 35mm for the C3 cameras. I have a C3 but switching the lenses is sorta of a pain in the rear. I'm hoping that someone might know if there are an adapters out there to mount these on something else (like LTM or something.) Probably a long shot, but figured I would ask. They are nice looking lenses--I'm a sucker for "chrome" lenses of any kind!
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I do not know about any adaptors but, try them on the C-3. They are quite good. We need to remember the C-3 was the standard 6-cyl family driver of its day.

3. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "Back in the day," I acquired a nifty little third party replacement for that screw that holds the coupler gear. It has a spring-loaded hub that allowed disengaging the gear and removing the lens without removing the retainer screw. It still requires some care about keeping the rangefinder calibration, of course. Alas, I didn't have the auxiliary lenses, but used the 50mm lens on a home-brew enlarger.

The fitting is installed in this photo ...
    [​IMG]