Gitzo rebuild kits available anywhere??

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Sparky, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd imagine that I'm not the only one who might need such a thing. I have a few older 500 series Gitzos that are getting just a little bit, well, WONKY let's say... it seems to me that it might be remedied by a rebuild kit, containing replacements for all the mechanical hardware holding these together. Anybody ever hear of anything like this available? I know I should probably just contact the distributor (whoever that is) - but I'm lazy and I thought someone might know...

thanks.

2. Steve Hamley

Steve Hamley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Lee Hamiel

Lee Hamiel Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I went to bogen/manfrotto to get new tips for my gitzo legs, and they were pretty good to work with.

5. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Sparky,

You may want to follow Matt's suggestion and contact Bogen Imaging (the US distributor for Gitzo), here is their link:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

6. jamie young

jamie young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'v had threads strip on the top leg tightening pieces on my oldest pro studex a few times (it's thirty years old and in daily use). I went to bogen for parts-
    pricey but helpful. Everything but the threads should be easy to deal with by tightening, I would think.
    Jamie Young