Glass Plate Images...

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by vickersdc, Jan 15, 2009.

1. vickersdc

vickersdc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

My name is David Vickers and I run the free online magazine, Creative Image Maker, for traditional photographers.

I'm hoping to run a few articles related to glass plate negatives - I've already got an article from the National Museum [of] Wales about a rare find of glass plates, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to run another article about how to archive glass plates.

But here's were you come in..? I would really like to feature some modern day images using glass plates; so, if you might be interested in having 3-5 of your images featured then please contact me either via PM, here on APUG, or email me at d.vickers@creativeimagemaker.co.uk for more information.

Many thanks,
    David Vickers.

2. Captain_joe6

Captain_joe6 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The person you really need to get in touch with is Denise Ross, via her (and other glass-plate peoples') website, the light farm @ www.thelightfarm.com

She also wrote an article about dry plate photography for the latest issue of View Camera. Hopefully she didn't beat you too much to the punch.

3. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Jeroen de Wijs (jeroen@mudar.nl) also a member of apug (mudar) could maybe help you.

he creates modern glass plates.

Next month i have a workshop with Quin for wet collodion plates in Holland where jeroen is also there as teacher.