Gold/Snakeskin RB67 ProS

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by WD King, Feb 4, 2005.

1. WD King

WD King Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have recently purchased an RB67 Pro-S, but it is anything but the standard
    black and silver which I have always seen. Instead it has all the silver
    trimming replaced with gold (on the body, 127 C lens, WLF, 120 back, and even the lens cap) and instead of the black leather it is brown snakeskin. I am quite curious about this model. Any information you can provide would be
    helpful; I have been totally incapable of finding out anything about it. If
    you would like, I can provide pictures. Thank you very much!

WK
    wdkfyb@umsl.edu

2. MenacingTourist

MenacingTourist Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Sounds like an anniversary model of some kind. Did it also come in a fancy box? I know Rollei made one for thier TLR that used fancy leather and gold accents. It was also outragously expensive. Sounds like you got a nice model.

3. WD King

WD King Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    More about the gold/snake RB

I sent an email to Mamiya hoping they would take the extra time out to answer an obscure question from an obscure customer, but no. At first I thought it was just fancied-up leather, but when I louped it...definitely snake. I would love to post a picture or two on here for everyone to see, but 1) I've no clue how to do that and 2) I dont have an image hoster.

One of my main goals right now is just to figure out the date of manufacture. I have been equally unsuccessful at finding information about "de-coding" mamiya serials -- anybody have a link or anything?

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you can scan a picture or make a digital photograph, reply in advanced mode by clicking "Post Reply" or from the quick reply box click "Go Advanced," and then go to "Manage Attachments" and follow the instructions. Your image should be relatively small for web viewing--less than 600 pixels or so on the long dimension.

5. WD King

WD King Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Here are a couple of pictures (hopefully). If anyone would like to see a higher res, I will be happy to email it out.

And no, it unfortunately came with no box.

Attached Files:

6. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That looks like the 20th anniversry model that was produced in 1994 to celebrate the 20th year of production on that particular model.

Dave

7. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. WD King

WD King Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you guys for the leads! I put another 4 rolls through it today so around tuesday I should see the first negs and chromes. I shot a 645 for a long time and liked it quite a lot -- this camera takes everything I enjoyed about the 645 and multiplies it by 100. I doubt I will be disappointed to find that is not the case with its productions. Thanks again -- and if anyone happens on any more tidbits, please pass them along!

9. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format