Good place to get color film processed inexpensively

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by htmlguru4242, Jul 14, 2006.

1. htmlguru4242

htmlguru4242 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On the 22nd, I've been asked ot take photos at a party of a lady in town. She needs pictures taken all day (in color), so I'm going to end up with a lot of film. (She DOESN'T want digital, which rather impresses me). It's probably going ot be 5 or 6 rolls of film. With my stuff, I usually process it myself (I haven't done color until recently), though for this, I'd rather have it processed somewhere in case I mess up.

So, is there a good place to get 35mm and 120 C-41 films processed that isn't going ot cost me an incredible amount? I'm looking for something in-between drug-store processing and the $7.00-per-roll super-pro labs ...

2. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It would help if we knew where you are.

3. htmlguru4242

htmlguru4242 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm in southwestern connecticut, if that helps.

4. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You could try Praus Photo Lab (they are an APUG sponsor). They are in New York, Rochester I believe. I've used them for B&W, and they seem to be very fast, and produce clean negatives. Check the Sponsors page for their link.

BTW, this is one of the reasons it is good to put your location in your profile.

6. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For many years and when my parents used to live in Woodbridge, CT near New Haven, I used to use Photo Communications. They are a pro lab and here is their information:

Photo Communications
    85 Willow St
    New Haven, CT 06511

(203) 624-4441

Rich

7. bob100684

bob100684 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used to work full time at the Eckerd photo in Ridgefield, have since left to complete my college degree, but i can ASSURE you they print amazingly there. The tech's you ideally want to do your film are, Betty, Patty, and Vicky. They WILL blow you away. PM me if you want me to find out what hours exactly they're working next week and I'll PM back.