Good roll film backs for Century Graphics?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by waynecrider, Mar 10, 2011.

1. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What are the good 6x7 and 6x9 roll film backs that will fit the Century Graphics? I seem to remember the old style Rb backs would work, but I think there was contention about how good they were.

2. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use the early RB backs. IIRC, no mods are necessary on the earliest RB backs. On 2nd generation backs (ProS?) you have to file off the tabs on the darkslide.

3. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Graflex RH-8 & RH-10 backs are very good if they are the later type with the small chrome pin rollers to keep the film flat. I sold a bunch last year that I was not using for around $50 each. They pop up on ebay but are usually bid up way to high.
    Ian Grant even bought one of mine for a project he was working on.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :whistling: what me :D

I did indeed, they are very nice holders, I've bought a second since then for my Busch Pressman.

One will feature shortly in an article on adding an adapting to fit a British Quarter plate camera.

These are of course the backs made specifically for Century graphics and there's plenty around.

Ian

5. aoresteen

aoresteen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you have a Graphic roll back without the pins, SK Grimes can add them to your back