Got another care package today

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Uncle Bill, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My PR instructor gave me some odds and ends from his now de-commisioned dark room, this time powdered film developers. In particular the developers are ID-11, Perceptol and Microphen made in the 1980s.

The obvious question is are these still good? They were stored in a cool dry environment and the envelopes containing the chemicals are intact.

Bill

2. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They should be, as long as its still sealed. I bought some Bromophen paper developer a while ago at a garage sale and it worked just fine. I think it must have been from the 70's, as the package to make 5 litres was originially priced at $1.29! I paid less:D

3. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The packages are sealed, I did pretty good.

Bill

4. haris

haris Guest

If you belive what Ilford tells, and there are no reason not to belive them, powder developers can last indefinately in powder form, of course if integrity of packadging is not compromised. So, you should have NO problems.

I know (by personal experience) that EFKE powder developer (old one, I think FR3 or like that) was excellent even when mixed after more than 20 years of sitting in not controlled storage conditions...