Got some SO-331 - now to develop

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by hoffy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings all,

I have finally got my hands on the SO-331 and Double X cine film that I wanted to try. While there is plenty about developing the Double X, there is not much about the SO-331. The guy I bought the film off of does it in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes stand, which is what I will probably try first up (it will be my first attempt at stand development).

I want to know if there has been others out there who have tried the film and developed it? Any thoughts on it?

Cheers

2. cmacd123

cmacd123 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    The SO-331 is intended to be used in a movie lab, "EASTMAN High Contrast Panchromatic Intermediate Film SO-331
    " so expect relativle slow film. Proably intended for making titles.

3. frobozz

frobozz Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's very high contrast, of course, on a clear base, and doesn't seem to have much anti-halation as I was getting exposure at the sprockets near the beginning of the rolls. I rated it at ISO 25 and used Selectol 1:1 at 70 degrees F for 3:30 (a close fake for the recommended D-97 developing spec) and got decent negs. I haven't had time yet to go back and try to lower the contrast with more normal developers.

You can see some quick results of my tests in the thread where I was selling off some of the excess:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379...contrast-pan-intermediate-film-100-rolls.html

Duncan