Graduate programs in History of Photography/arts entrepreneurship

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by TheFlyingCamera, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure where to put this thread, but this comes the closest other than the lounge, but this isn't so off-topic that it belongs in the lounge. I'm looking for graduate school programs in the History of Photography. I'm aware already of several programs I want to investigate farther, namely:

Sotheby's Institute - MA graduate program in History of Photography/art business ($$$$$, and the photo program is only offered in London...more $$$$$$$$$$$$).

Princeton University - offers a full PhD in the History of Photography.

Maryland Institute, College of Art - their continuing ed program has an Arts Entrepreneurship certificate, co-taught by the University of Baltimore business school.

I'm open to ideas/recommendations/suggestions from just about anywhere in the country, or even reasonable locations in other parts of the world too.

2. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Ryerson University
    Toronto Ontario, has a master program that may or may not be of interest,not sure if this one fits the bill.

3. TheFlyingCamera

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bob- thanks for the tip- Poking around on their website gave me a lot of information and some other directions to look into as well. Much appreciated!

4. zenrhino

zenrhino Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Florida State offers an arts admin PhD that looks an awful lot like an arts business degree.

5. TheFlyingCamera

Shooter:
    Multi Format