Gralab 450/451 Foot Switch help?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Newt_on_Swings, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey there, please help me out with this.

So I've been kinda fed up with reaching over and pressing the button on the timer, esp when burning. I have a footswitch, but it is a proprietary 3 pronged jack for a LPL ET 400 timer that is broken.

I bought a ~$6 keyboard foot switch that has a 1/4" adapter, but I just found out today that it doesnt fit the Gralab 451 I have. I dont have the manual for it, but it seems the input would be a 3.5mm mono plug. Not sure though.

Would this keyboard pedal work if I found a 1/4" to 3.5mm mono adapter? or a more common stereo adapter?

Does anyone have one and can confirm that it is a 3.5mm jack? thanks!

2. M. Lointain

M. Lointain Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shouldn't be a problem. My Gralab footswitch has a simple mono type connection. Any RadioShack should have the adapter.

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I made a remote switch for mine using a standard Radio Shack audio jack. If your keyboard foot switch is just a simple switch the adaptor should do fine. A stereo adaptor might work, but you should be able to find a mono one at "The Shack".
    You could always take the timer and switch into the store and try out what they have.

4. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm I didnt make it to Radioshack tonight as I get off late, I'll have to try to get that adapter tomorrow or this coming monday. I searched a bit online, seems like the adapter im looking for is like $4... I only paid like a bit more for the pedal =[

5. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Forgot to update, the correct adapter was the mono 1/4" female to mono 3.5mm male. Cost about ~$3 and some change at radioshack for the silver non gold plated one (they wanted $6 for the gold plated version, really?). The cheapo $6 foot switch, was branded novatron and can be found online. Works great. I also found out the 99cent store by me had a stereo version of the plug, but I had already bought the mono so did not get to try it out.