Graphic View Parts Needed

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by n2mf, Mar 7, 2014.

1. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anybody have a trashed, unusable or unwanted Graphic View 4x5 that I can buy for parts? It doesn't matter if it's the GVI or GVII. My most serious need at the moment is the front standard with the lensboard sliding locks and screws. But I would buy a whole camera if the price is right. Thanks.

2. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Where are you located. I know one sitting complete, except missing the rail IIRC, in a local store in West Virginia. I imagine he would sell it, and be fairly reasonable, but doubt he would want to deal with international shipping.

I believe this is the one that would have a triangular (4 sided, whatever they were) rail. I believe that was the early version Graphic View. Does that sound like what you want.

3. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm in Missouri. USA.

4. Reinhold

Reinhold Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good. Did that sound like what you are looking for?

6. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like it. Both Graphic Views had a triangle rail. I'm interested.

7. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'll check after their lunch break and PM with info.

8. Clovis Blevins

Clovis Blevins Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As I am located in WV, I couldn't help but be interested in taking a look at that camera.

9. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    PM me. I'd love to know some more film shooters here. I think I only really know of two anymore.

I spoke to the store owner and sent contact info to the OP. I will give him a chance to do that before passing the info on further. But to be clear, this is a not a complete camera. There is no rail, so not useable without that. It is also not actively for sale just something I knew was sitting around.

10. d3adbor3d2

d3adbor3d2 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm in Illinois and I'm trying to get rid of mine (4x5 Graphic view). Let me know what your budget is via PM

11. binglebugbob

binglebugbob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Are you looking for the original graphic view, or the Graphic View II. The front standards are totally different. The original view tilts at the bottom, while the View II tilts on the lens axis. Also, the Graphic View II has a longer rail and bellows. You can check out photos of each to see the difference. Personally, I'd avoid the original Graphic View, although some were converted to use the later front standard. Also, not all View II cameras came with Graflok back. If you don't need the Graflok back, no big deal. If you do need it and buy a camera without it, you can figure on adding $100-150 to the price to convert it. If you can find one.
    bob

12. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, I know the standards are different. I have the GVII, Graflok back etc. However, most of the items I'm wanting are universal to the two. Screws, knobs, etc. I'm not seeking a whole camera necessarily. Thanks.

13. dirkfletcher

dirkfletcher Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Are you still in need of stuff, I have two parts cameras one including the front standard and rails.

respond to dirkfletcher(at) gmail.com and i can send some pictures tonight.

Dirk

14. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, still needing at least the front standard for a GVII. I'll email you at the address you provided. Thanks.

15. n2mf

n2mf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still looking for at least a front standard for a Graphic View II. However, would buy a whole camera if the price was right. I'm basically trying to repair one I already have, but if I had two, I could marry the best parts complete a usable camera. Thank you.