Great Online Gallery Site

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by mikewhi, Oct 16, 2004.

1. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    For the benefit of those who don't know of it, I really like the gallery at:

www.photoeye.com

They have a very nice selection of artists with a wide range of work. I love browing thru the gallery portfolios. You can buy online if you wish and I've purchased a few prints from them. They have very good service! I bought some work from Connie Imboden from them - I like her work a lot.

If anyone else knows of good online sites, will you share them? I like to keep links in my Favorites folder.

Thanks.

-Mike

2. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Mike,

Thanks for the link. I too love browsing other photographers work and there are plenty here to brows :wink:

Jim

3. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Photoeye also has an excellent selection on photography books. I 've bought a couple of books there.

I also like a site called Photocollect.com (or something similar, try a google). I haven't bought anything from them, but they have some interesting work to see.

4. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Photoeye is one of my favorite online galleries. Unlike many others, they actually add new artists, rotate online exhibits etc. Some sites I go to have had the same images up for over a year.

5. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am lucky enough to live about 2 miles from photoeye and I visit them almost daily when I stop to get my latte.

Rick the owner and his entire staff are terrific people. It's a must see when visiting albuquerque or santa fe.

Make sure to check out the photobistro on the site.

6. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    great link Mike thanks