Greeting from Essex

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Sosha, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Sosha

Sosha Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everyone :smile:

My name is George and I'm happy to be here. I'm 19 and just got out from College. Like many others here I also have a digital camera but have been taken under the spell of film. I admit, there's a certain charm to it that digital just doesn't have. And now that I cant stop thinking about how to develop negatives properly or how to properly push film etc I thought id join up and try to get involved with some discussions. Nice to be around people who feel the same.

I shoot mostly social documentary type stuff, about the way we live, the places, the people and cover events when I can. I just got back from the UK London Riots yesterday.

A year ago when I started, our first project was 'Old School', where our photography teacher taught us how to use a film camera. It didn't appeal to me at the time, but it definitely grew on me within the past six months or so to the point that my digital is picking up dust. My step dad gave me his old OM1 and its just a pleasure to use ever since. I purchased a zuiko 50mm 1.4 a few months back and am saving for a 28mm 2.8. Mostly I shoot with the 50, although on occasion with a 35-200 4/5.6 when the time calls for it.

Anyway, happy to be here with people such as yourself.

I look forward to joining in with some discussions :smile:

All the best

2. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, George.

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello George and a warm welcome to APUG! I hope you enjoye being here!

JEFF

4. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard, George. It's a good crowd around here - I learn something new every time I check in.

5. Selidor

Selidor Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A friendly hello from a little further north in the UK :smile:

6. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Home George !

Ron

7. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    George - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England.

8. Sosha

Sosha Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Chazzy, Jeff, Whitey, Selidor, Longmore, Gene, thank you all for the kind worlds. It seems like you all have a very open and friendly community on here. That's nice as its not like that everywhere. Its nice when everyone shares a common passion and gets along. I look forward to getting involved :smile:

Thanks