Greetings from Colorado ( and Oklahoma)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by harveyje, Mar 24, 2004.

1. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am a “youngster” who just received his Medicare card. I have been involved with photography since age 11 when my father gave me a Brownie Six-Twenty for my birthday because I would not leave my mother's Kodak Tourist alone. The next Christmas I received a Kodak developing outfit including a contact printer because I was costing him for processing and printing. I have been “into” photography ever since, at times more than others. Fortunately, I have a profession which pays for my various hobbies and a wife who indulges me.

Currently, I am mostly interested in B&W landscapes but also take many candids of my grand children, which are usually in color print form. I have a “wet” darkroom which I enjoy very much, but my output is meager in terms of numbers and variety. This is not all bad as I only have to please myself. I use 35mm, 6x6, and 4x5 and love them all.

I have been signed up for APUG for several months now and have thoroughly enjoyed the forums and the galleries. I am still trying to upload a few images but have been unsuccessful so far, but I still have hopes for success.

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome John,

Happy to have you onboard. I live kind of between your two (homes?).

3. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. Get those shots uploaded. We want to see.
    juan

4. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Donald, I live in Colorado Springs but spend significant time working in Ada, OK. I was born and raised in Salina and lived in Emporia for ten years. I am a KU grad and retired from the Air Force which is how I ended up in Colorado.

5. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    John,

It's a small world. I have very close friends that live in Colorado Springs. And I have lived in Salina 1968-69. I lived in Colorado myself back in the mid 80's. You live in a very nice area to practice your preference of landscapes.

6. Cheryl Jacobs

Cheryl Jacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome, from another Coloradan.

- CJ

7. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    5 yrs ago lived in Boulder for a year. Loved hiking the foothills, was an awesome town :smile:

8. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My how small the world is! What do you do in Ada? My mother and stepfather lived there several years, been there quite a few times. Sister and brother-in-law are still in Shawnee and used to live in Sasakwa, a few miles away.

9. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am an obstetrician-gynecologist at Carl Albert Indian Health Facility for six months out of the year. I have been coming to Ada for the last seven years.

10. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Harveyje,
    Do you know Dr. Phil Flemming? He is obgyn in Gallup, NM. He is a very good photographer. It is a small world. Welcome from FtWorth.

lee\c

11. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't know him, but I have heard his name.

12. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am beginning to learn the intricacies of uploading images to my personal gallery.

I thank all who suggested solutions to my problems and pointed out probable mistakes and how to correct them.

13. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Harvey,

I would agree, the qualities of your uploads have improved. When are you slated to return to Ada?

14. harveyje

harveyje Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am in Ada at this time. I will return to Colorado in July. Unfortunately my neg files are there. I used some tif files that I have on cd for the most recent images. I plan to add more to my personal gallery and will appreciate any comments. I am not sure I have any to put in the standard or critique galleries at this time.