Greetings from Ireland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by dferrie, Jun 11, 2007.

1. dferrie

dferrie Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi all,

I'm David, living in Bray, Co.Wicklow, Ireland. I have been involved with photography on and off for about 25 years. Up to recently it has all been 35mm film/slide, have had my own darkroom for B+W, kit is in my attic but intend to get it setup again soon. I'll admit to owning a DLSR (Sony A100) and while I do like the immediacy of the digital, I won't ever let go of film.

My passion for photography has got a new boost as I am now involved in running photographic tours of Ireland. This has also lead me to a desire to get into some Medium format work, my travels with tour groups affords great opportunity to explore that format and I have just purchased a Mamiya 645J. Up until now all my kit has been Minolta (SR1, XD11, 500si, Minolta 16 & A100). I enjoy shooting, Landscape, Seascape and old buildings. I only signed up to APUG in Feb, having "hung out" on a Minolta User's group prior to this.

It's great to be a member of such a vibrant and welcoming community and while there are only a few Irish APUG members, we are active, now planning our third get together since May'07!

David

2. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England! Glad to have such an active group in the old country.

drew

3. light leak

light leak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome David! It's good to have you here.

Jonathan

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    And welcome from old England.

5. mmcclellan

mmcclellan Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Welcome aboard! Bray is a beautiful place -- you're lucky to live there. Ireland has a super bunch of APUGgers, so be sure to hook up and join their photo trips! Have fun and welcome aboard!

6. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    David,

Welcome from NYC.

This is a great time to get the medium format itch. As a result of the digital thing the prices on top quality film gear have come way down. You'll find that quite a few of us 35mm'ers are acquiring MF gear and learning the format. There's plenty of knowldegable folk here to help you out.

7. dferrie

dferrie Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, love living in Bray and have already hooked up with other APUGgers, we're all off to Glendalough in July.

David

8. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another welcome from New England. You are gonna fit right into the spirit of this place.

gene

9. thefizz

thefizz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi David,

Looking forward to seeing that Mamiya in action at Glendalough.

Peter

10. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome David, really looking forward to these Mamiya 645J negatives. Drop by my darkroom anytime.