Greetings from Northern California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by possum, Oct 19, 2007.

1. possum

possum Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi folks, it's great to be here. My name is Cherie and I live near Sacramento. CA. I've been interested in photography for a number of years, and recently have become completely obsessed. I've shot 35mm and medium format for a few years, and I love digital too. I've recently acquired 13 cameras including an old Agfa, a couple of old Kodaks, an Arette, a Yashica SLR and a Pentax SLR. All of these cameras were bought new by members of my family. Mom was a pretty darn good photographer, and kind of gave it up.

My favorite camera is my Yashica Mat 124G.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you folks. I'm starting to become interested in processing my own film, and I will need a lot of help!!

Nice to meet you all.

2. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Cherie, and welcome from British Columbia. This is the place to get any answers about film and processing, and anything else analogue.

3. Jerry Basierbe

Jerry Basierbe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello from Michigan Cherie. You'll have alot of fun processing your own film. Go for it.

Jerry

4. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi Cherie, welcome from Hawaii. I used to have a Mat 124G, you are right, they are great cameras.

5. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome from NYC to APUG, the home of film photography.

6. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome from Washington DC. There's a good number of us APUGgers in your area, so you're in fine company out there!

7. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There were a whole lot of APUGers in the Bay area when I first joined. They have all left, moved away, dropped out from sight. I wonder... coincidence?

Welcome. Lots to shoot in your neck of the woods. Head east young person. (Sierras)

Ask lots of questions. We all have an opinion, at least one, usually many depending on the phase of the moon.

tim in san jose

8. possum

possum Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey Tim,

I grew up in San Jose - I actually just got back from a Bodie/Mono Lake/Eastern Sierra trip last week. The colors were fantastic. Just got my film back today from Carl's Darkroom and now I want to go into work just to scan it. Funny, I couldn't wait to get out of there yesterday!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome.

9. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Welcome to apug. Sacramento is a nice area. Hope to get up to Mono lake soon myself as I've never been.

Jon in central California

10. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Cherie!

I'll be landing in Sacramento next week for a few days and am looking forward to exploring your part of the world. Enjoy!

Bill

11. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A warm welcome from Middle England.

12. Jedidiah Smith

Jedidiah Smith Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A big welcome from Alaska! Hope you do get into doing your own darkroom work on the film - especially the B&W because it is a good cheap/easy/fun hobby that is rewarding, especially in the winter...when you'd rather be inside than out (at least up here). :smile:
    Actually, I grew up in Eldarado Hills, just above Sacramento and still have Grandparents in Sacramento and Garden Grove (Aneheim), so we go visit CA quite a bit - at least once a year. What a beautiful place to take pictures (the coast and Sierra Nevadas), but what a lot of people in the cities! :smile:
    All the best in your new analog venture,
    Jed

13. papagene

papagene Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Cherie, from western Mass.

gene

14. steveanalog

steveanalog Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome Cherie, from Colorado, I originally came from California. I was born in Santa Monica a long time ago, when everything was black and white.