Greetings from the Cotswolds, uk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Eagle58, May 28, 2011.

1. Eagle58

Eagle58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello everyone. I discovered this group a week ago and am delighted to have joined. I live in a small village north of Bath in the west of England (great photography country!) and have been using film cameras since 1978, when I bought my first one second hand - a big and beautiful black Pentax SV with a coupled light meter... I so wish I still had it!
    I have never really left film photography, although I do also use a digital camera and Aperture 3 on occasion (can I say that here?!). My 1st love is film, though, and I mainly use rangefinders... I have a Contax IIa and a Leica 3g, both of which are really so amazing to use, well engineered and gorgeous... I've also got a Mamiya RZ67 Pro with a few lenses and accessories, and I was fortunate enough to snap up a Gossen Lunasix 3 light meter with a spot attachment, in my view the best ever hand held meter!
    I love taking pictures, and tend towards rural and urban landscapes - open countryside, cityscapes, old industrial scenes, I try to capture them all, and have just begun to process films again after 33 years.....!!
    So, there you go, a bit about me. I really look forward to chatting with you all.
    All the best
    Michael :smile:

2. Shaggysk8

Shaggysk8 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good morning and welcome, you are in a very beautiful part of the country which I have yet to explore with my camera, so post some pics to inspire me :smile:

3. Eagle58

Eagle58 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the swift reply, Shaggysk! I've uploaded a couple of scanned images of a local tree(!), but I do have more local shots on negative which I will scan and post over the weekend. I was very pleased with the quality of using medium format (first time I had ever strayed from 35mm), but I noticed that you use 4x5 - must be fantastic to enlarge with such amazing detail! All the best; Michael

4. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Michael!

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Michael! Welcome to APUG.

Jeff

6. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You're within striking distance of some of the best bits of England, even if the local water does taste a bit funny :tongue:

Maybe we could have an APUG shoot-out in the area and tempt Shaggysk8 to blow a few sheets.

7. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Michael.

8. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England.