Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Kronos, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Kronos

Kronos Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Julian here,just joined the APUG community.I am into subminiature format photography,own processing/slitting films,however I do like to play with medium format and 35mm,BW most of the times.

I live in Romania,up north in the mountains.Plenty of nice places to photograph,esp.in the fall,when colors are so ripe.

To each and everyone here,greetings and looking forward to learn and have fun here.

Kind regards,

JT

2. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Welcome JT.

I've been to Arad, and Bucharest. But that was in January 1990. A different time.

A dear friend, who I first met in Bucharest on that visit, now lives in New Jersey here in the US, comes from the mountain area of Romania.

3. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome God of Time from Romania. That would have been a place I would definitely like to visit.

4. Kronos

Kronos Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Hi Walter,

Thanks for your kind welcome words,much appreciated!Indeed,1990 versus 2008 is an altogether different Romania.You wouldn't recognize the places.Aagain,thanks for your kind words,God Bless!

5. Kronos

Kronos Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Ari,thanks for your rply and kind words.Crete...hmmmm...beside a scorching heat,have nice memories about this place.Been in 2006 in Crete on holidays.Because of the heat,any camera larger than my Minox seemed a burden,so I used my trusty Minox to snap both in BW and color.Have a look here,you'll recognize some places.Photographs were taken on several locations,but Crete is in many of the pics.

http://www.minox.shutterchance.com

Again thanks for your kind words,God Bless!

6. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond Va. I'm sure you like APUG. I bet Romania is a beautiful country. Would like to visit it one day.

Jeff

7. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ah, well, if you came in August, then you deserved to be scorched. :wink:
    I haul my Hasselblad around and I am sure one could even trek with a 8x10, but the rocky and hilly terrain in the countryside would require some effort. Good thing I don't do landscapes then and definitely don't get out looking for trouble when its an oven outside. The beach and that's an adventure by itself.
    Romania seems to be a country of many wonders and secrets and would have liked to explore its captivating countryside and people.

8. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  9. Kronos

Kronos Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Ari,thanks for invitation.I joined.Interesting social group you've got in there.All the best,

10. papagene

papagene Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    JT - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA.

gene

11. Kronos

Kronos Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Papagene,thanks for your kind welcome message.Been once on the East coast,DC area.Alas,little Minox camera was not with me at the time.Nevertheless,managed to take a few good snaps in Vermont.Very nice places you've got there.All the best,

JT