Had a great weekend of photography.

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Robert Brummitt, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This last weekend, I had a special time of photography. I was with two friends and fellow photographers, Ray Bidegain, Patrick Kolb. We drove down and visited with photographer John Wimberley. Had a full day with him, looking at prints, a darkroom tour, out in the field photographing, lunch with more discussions of photography and art. it just doesn't get better then this.
    Now, I have 8 sheets of 8x10 to process, 6-4x5 E-6 color to process and some polaroids to look at. What treasures! But the time with such wonderful photographers was the best.

2. KenM

KenM Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hey, that sounds like you had a ball...

I stuck my son on a stool this weekend beside a window, hung some fabric behind him, and ran off a roll of film. Now, I'm not a portraits person, but when I got four keepers, I was very suprised.

So, I had a great weekend of photography too :D

What was interesting was that I went from idea to drying prints in about 3 hours.....I don't think I've ever done that before!

I intend on uploading a few of the images tonite when I get home. After voting, of course.

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Great to hear that you had a productive weekend. And shot some E6 as well!! The weather here was iffy; I got up on Sunday to catch the sunrise, and it was thunder and lightning, it cleared up, but close to sunset started again. So, I didn't even expose a single sheet. Hopefully, during the coming week.