Handheld Cirkut?

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by claytume, Mar 19, 2006.

1. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Ok Cirkut guys, I know there's a few here now...........have any of you tried this?

I've shot a #10 handheld upside down out the window of a moving car........yep and I got an image........speed wasn't sync'd spot on though so it wasn't perfect but a lot of fun.

Also tried shooting moving objects without the turntable engaged.......I need to dig some of those old negs out and refresh my mind on this stuff.

Clayton

2. c.d.ewen

c.d.ewen Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You're more daring (and inventive) than I. I guess that's easier with something smaller than a No 10. My idea of a challenge is a vertical pan. Seems to me I've seen old Cirkut photos of Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite.

What speed did you shoot at? Why upside down?

3. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Shot it at max speed........and upside down to get the film direction running the right way. This was done with a #10 and yes one of the smaller cameras would be easier but easier isn't the point. I'd rather try the harder more challenging stuff.

There was a site that showed a 120 Hulcherama setup on a rig on the back of a pickup, same deal, made to scan without rotating. Same principle as a horse race finish camera but re engineered/reversed.

I haven't tried this stuff for a few years, might try it again with a Roundshot because you can load up a lot more film in them.

Andrew Davidhazy used to do wacky stuff like this all the time.........is he still around?

Clayton

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Nothing new about it. We used to do it all the time. Synchro-ballitic streak camera. Film is accelerated one direction the same speed (relative to mag ratio) as the bullet is going the other. You get a perfect image of the bullet (or whatever) in flight. Sounds like fun with a Circut though. You'd have some bragging rights if you ever got a good neg that way.

5. panoramic

panoramic Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Because he is on the other side of the Planet :smile:

Ron in Alaska

6. Allen Friday

Allen Friday Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
  7. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Yeah RIGHT!

Clayton

8. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An old friend of mine was the photo-finish girl at the local horse racing track. This must have been what she used there. It made some great images of all the horses crossing the finish line.

9. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Bill.........any idea how the process worked, the whole process that is from loading film to producing a print. I seem to recall about a 5 minute wait for a photo finish result.

Clayton

10. c.d.ewen

c.d.ewen Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    And he drives on the wrong side of the road ;-)

11. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Clay,

did your mom know you were doing that? :D