Happy owner of a CPP-2! Now What?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by AlbertZeroK, Apr 3, 2011.

1. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just picked up a CPP-2 with some drums this morning for $300! (I must have built up some great KARMA!) The lift is a bit tight, can I lubricate this? I have read something about lubricating the gears. Any other maintenance I should do to the unit?

BTW - I see free style has reels, I'm guessing that's about the best place to get them. Any other good source of Jobo parts in the US?

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    joboman@aol.com, Steve Smith and his wife are great. New and used parts. I use them. Do you have the manual? You might also want to get The Rotary Processor Manual, John Tinsley, R. Morgan Publishing

Steve

3. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you don't know it already, I suggest you add this page to your bookmarks:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_an...uctions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_01.htm#top of page

It also contains the manufacturer maintenance instructions.

On the German eBay is generally possible to find Jobo parts, drums, flasks etc. so if you can deal with the foreign language and the shipping this is a place where I would have a look when I need something for my Jobo.

Fabrizio

4. rcam72

rcam72 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The lift can be lubricated as well as the transfer gears and the rollers. I'm not sure of if there is any other regular maintenance to be performed. I guess changing the water once in a while would be good too.

As far as parts go, joboman is a good way to go.
    B and H has some stuff listed on the website, but a lot of it is discontinued or temporarily unavailable.
    OmegaBrandess (formerly OmegaSatter) is the distributor for Jobo in the US.
    And there's always thE Bay. I've gotten a few parts there.

-Raul

5. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thanks guys! Everything is set in it as of last night, my wife is going to turn it on about noon so it should be up to temperature when I get home! :smile: