has anyone used this kodak c41 sm development kit?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by destroya, Nov 19, 2012.

1. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've never seen this before so maybe Kodak is answering our requests for a smaller home system kit. Unfortunately B&H says only available for store pick up. it looks like it could be a nice alternative to the kits at freestyle. i Know i can get the chemicals separately but it would be nice for people starting out with home development. cost is $73 but no idea on the size of the individual chems.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/218299-REG/Kodak_8740110_Flexicolor_SM_C_41SM_Processing.html

here is a brief description.

Kodak Flexicolor Chemicals, Process C-41, are for processing Kodak color negative films such as Kodak Professional Porta Films, as well as and other manufacturers' films.
    These chemicals are supplied in all-liquid concentrates for easy mixing, and designed for optimum results in all types of processors.
    One of each of the following chemicals is needed to complete the process:

• Kodak Flexicolor Developer
    • Kodak Flexicolor Bleach III
    • Kodak Flexicolor Fixer & Replenisher
    • Kodak Flexicolor Stabilizer III & Replenisher
    Flexicolor SM Processing Unit F1 (C-41SM) provides all 4 chemicals in one easy to use dispenser.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  2. David Lyga

David Lyga Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    This seems very expensive and unnecessary. You are paying for more than the 'food' when you get served at a restaurant. This 'convenience' has a cost. I did not see what size that this was but if it is for less than a US Gallon it is expensive, indeed. A nice way to make a handsome profit by taking advantage of the easily intimidated, chemistry-wise.

I buy the 25 gallon size of Flexicolor developer'replenisher for $100 plus $40 shipping from PDISUPPLY.COM. I use regular fixer and for bleach I use potassium ferricyanide. - David Lyga

3. markbarendt

markbarendt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format