Hasselblad 500CM screen?http://asamimasa.smugmug.com/CameraGear/Accessories/i-JCcnJJT

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by asamimasa, Apr 16, 2014.

1. asamimasa

asamimasa Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I recently picked up a Hasselblad with two screen options, but I'm not sure which one is the more desirable one, or if either is stock.

I've attached an image of the two, the one on the left has a strong fresnel, the one on the right appears to be slightly brighter. I don't see any dimples or dots along the metal frame. Any help identifying them would is much appreciated!

_1230377-X2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Chris Lange

Chris Lange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the left with the black crosshair is the original screen...the right with translucent/white markings is likely an offbrand aftermarket screen...

3. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The one on the right could be an Accute-matte (not Accute-matte D, which has the two cut-outs on the edge).

4. asamimasa

asamimasa Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    thanks for the quick ID's. Is brighter always desirable? They're not too far off in 'snappiness' from what I can tell.

5. Jim Noel

Jim Noel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Use the one with which you are most comfortable.

6. Allan Swindles

Allan Swindles Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd go with Jim Noel.

7. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Please show a close-up picture of the other side of the screen on the right, so we can eliminate it as being a Kiev. Beware, some aftermarkets can sit higher, screwing up your focus.