Hasselblad 501cm cable release won't fire

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by GraemeMitchell, Feb 9, 2009.

1. GraemeMitchell

GraemeMitchell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone ever heard of a Hasselblad 500 series body not firing with the cable release? Mine won't. Someone suggested that a hassy needs a really long prong. The release I'm using is generic and pretty cheap, but it has a really long prong, so I'm not sure if that's the prob. Unfortunately I don't have another release handy to try so thought I'd as here first. I'm not even aware of how the release mechanism works internally and how it would break...?

2. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My first Hassie is a 500CM, and I had no trouble firing it with any cable release at hand. But when I added a 501CM, I began having trouble, sometimes not firing at all, other times releasing the shutter okay but not completing the rest of the cycle; I would have to fiddle with the cable release and/or shutter button a bit to get it to finish. A long-throw cable release solved the problem. I believe the one that I am using now is a Linhof, but I also have another brand that works as well. Sorry, I do not recall that brand.
    Dan

3. Philippe-Georges

Philippe-Georges Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. GKR1

GKR1 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm having the same issue and that my recently bought 501c is not firing with the cable that I've. I've used my cable on my F4 and Fe nikkons with out issues. Not sure if its the sgutter or the cable. Howlong should be the throw. My cable is made by Hakuba.

Anything I should check for.

Thanks

5. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why not buy a Hasselblad one ?

6. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is the extension of the wire going deep enough?

The 500C/M has a quite deep button position, be sure your cable can reach the correct depth to do what it's supposed to.

Try another cables!:smile: