Hasselblad Camera & Lenses still Repaired?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by rknewcomb, Nov 4, 2011.

1. rknewcomb

rknewcomb Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have heard that Hasselblad no longer supports some of the older film cameras and lenses. So, can anyone give me an idea if there is trouble in getting service and parts for the later V series film cameras 501, 503 etc and getting parts and service on say the CF T* lenses. I know the old regular C lenses are probably too old, but what about those later black CF lenses? I've heard that the main shutter springs are really hard to get..
    Thoughts?
    Thanks for the help!
    Robert

2. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Robert,
    Certainly possible to get your Hasselblad camera or lenses serviced. Don't know if the older C lenses can be repaired or serviced but certainly the CF lenses. http://www.david-odess.com/
    Is a Hasselblad trained tech and will do a stellar job.

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Parts for the C lens shutters are no longer available, this has been true for a while. But that doesn't mean they cannot be serviced.
    Some shops have a back-stock of parts.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can suggest others state side. Where do you live? If we know that, we can do a better job of making suggestions.

Steve

5. Leigh B

Leigh B Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This only means that you can't order parts from the shutter manufacturer, since they're no longer in business.

There are many new parts in stock around the world. I have a good stock of same myself.

- Leigh

6. rknewcomb

rknewcomb Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I live in the USA.
    Robert

7. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Samys Camera
    431 S. Fairfax Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036

Telephone: 323-938-2420
    Fax: 323-937-2919 | E-Mail: lacamera@samys.com
    Ask for Mike

8. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If the lens/shutter isn't broken it likely will not require any parts. Normal servicing should bring it back to original condition. Consider calling Steve Choi; he's an authorized and highly experienced Hassy repairman:

http://www.stevecamera.com/about.html

9. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Who's lost a C lens due to lack of parts?

10. rknewcomb

rknewcomb Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Please remember that I was asking a question if the information I had read about in more then one place is true. I was not saying the information is true.

I wrote a respected Hasselblad reapin person and this is what he said:

Unfortunately, there is a lot of information on the internet regarding the Hasselblad cameras that is not true. It is true that parts for the older style C are no longer being manufactured, and the availability of these parts is limited to the existing supply. There are a few of these parts that are no longer available. But this is only the case for the older style C lenses.

When it comes to the V system camera bodies and film magazines, parts are still being manufactured and should be available for a long time. This also includes the parts for the CB, CF, CFE and CFi lenses.

You should have no concerns about the availability of parts for the 500 C/M, 501 C, 501 CM, 503 CX, 503 CXi or 503 CW camera bodies or the film magazines, or for the CB, CF, CFE and CFi lenses.

The main springs for the lens shutters are not available in some countries, but that is not the case in this country. I have hundreds of these springs in stock, and they are still available from Hasselblad USA in New Jersey."

Thanks for everyones help!