Hasselblad focusing screen confusion

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Antje, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Antje

Antje Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all,

Even though I've recently acquired Wildi's manual (to be able to enjoy my Hasselblad even reading on the sofa :tongue: ), I still can't figure out which focusing screen to get for my 500C. It currently has the old glass screen, but I'd like something brighter - I'd like to get one now and have it installed during the soon-to-come CLA. I now wonder what the difference between the Acute Matte and the Acute Matte D is and the Beattie screens and whatever I might not even have discovered yet. Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding viewfinders with inbuilt metering? I'm not sure I want one of these, but I'd like to get something that's compatible. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Antje

2. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Don't confuse yourself for no reason. Wildi's book contains many production versions of Hasselblad equipment, some discontinued and some replaced with better designs. Get the latest in-production Acute Matte screen and you will be all set. You will find that is way brighter than your old screen. There are no incompatible screens with any equipment combination.

3. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had a number 5 Brightscreen brand screen installed in my C when in was in for a CLA, what a diiference it made.

Mike

4. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Get the newer Acute Matte D. If you get a metered prism, it can be adjusted for the screen.

5. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The Minolta made Acute Matte D`s are great!

Cheers

André

6. Antje

Antje Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot, guys! Seems like it's hard to go wrong with the D version. :wink:

Antje