Hasselblad lens problem

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by David J, Nov 2, 2009.

1. David J

David J Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi there,
    I messed something up with my Hasselblad 180mm cf lens. For some reason, the shutter no longer opens wide for focusing. Instead it remains at whatever f-stop it is currently set at. So as it is now, I have to set the f-stop to 2.8 to focus and then reset it to before taking the picture. How do I correct this?
    -David J.

2. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Did you move the stopdown lever and forgot to release it?

3. Ian David

Ian David Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, sounds like you have accidentally cocked the depth of field preview slider on the left hand side of the lens.

4. David J

David J Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ok, I think I see the lever you're talking about. I've fiddled with it with no effect. How do I uncock this lever?

5. Venchka

Venchka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    push on it as I recall. Pushing toward the lens centerline releases it. Sliding the switch down and parallel to the outer ring of the lens clsoes the aperture. It stays closed until you press the lower end toward the glass. The sliding lock is on the left when looking down.

6. Q.G.

Q.G. Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    [​IMG]

7. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ^
    |
    For the times when words are not enough.

Steve

8. David J

David J Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ha! I got it to work. You were right, this was the problem. Thanks for all your help!

9. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a little trouble with that with my 50mm CF. It does not work as smooth as on the other lenses, and sometimes it is stuck unless I wiggle it loose. There seems to be some internal resistance, such as, something in the way or a burr on the mechanism. Did you ever experience that on any of your lenses?

10. edtbjon

edtbjon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As with all V-series Hasselblad, these are mechanical cameras. Maybe it's only a piece of dirt, but lenses also needs the attention of a service-man. A CLA will make the shutter perfect, as well as the focusing smooth and all the other functions working smoothtly as well.
    (I have to get my old SWC to the workshop. I thought the self-timer would work, but it took a couple of minutes to click. Not what I intended. :smile: )

//Björn