Hasselblad NC-2 Clone (Kiev-88)

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by freecom2, Sep 26, 2012.

1. freecom2

freecom2 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    From what i've read, they pick up a lot of internal reflections. Other than that, I don't know anything about them, other than that they work.

3. desertrat

desertrat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one and use it sometimes on my Kiev-80, which is the same camera as a Kiev-88 in almost every respect. I had to do a little custom metal removal with a file on the mounting flange of the prism finder to make it fit. It works, although I generally prefer the image quality of the standard waist level finder. The only real complaint I have for the waist level finder is its laterally reversed image.

4. freecom2

freecom2 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm usually fine with waist level viewfinders (used Yashica Mat and Rolleiflex TLRs for a while now), just wanted to explore the options and I reckon a 45 degree finder would work quite well on a medium format SLR. Anyone else have any opinions on them? Price checking is difficult, they don't seem to sell many of the original or clones.

5. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an NC2 and a NC2 clone...haven't been able to see a difference....ever..

6. freecom2

freecom2 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm definitely going to be on the look out for one then, thanks! It's amazing how little they seem to pop up, they must be appreciated by their owners :smile:

7. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A regular NC2 is pretty cheap. Mine has some separation and was $25. It works fine. I don't even notice the separation.

8. freecom2

freecom2 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They should be, but they seem to be cheaper in the US market than in the UK market (as with so many things, sadly).

I'm quite tempted to instead pick up the TTL/Spot metering prism from Kiev, the latest ones are made to work with 3 LR44/AG13 batteries and it would be nice to have a TTL meter (I have a handheld Sekonic but it does slow down things a bit).