Hasselblad question

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by John cox, Dec 17, 2012.

1. John cox

John cox Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Easy question. Is there a way to use a cable release if I have a flash grip attached to a 500 c or c/m without removing the grip? I like the feel of the grip but would prefer to fire the shutter with my right hand.

2. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    they made a special two handed grip at one time....otherwise, just trip the shutter by pressing the button or the "button presser" that goes in front of the calble release...alternativey you can take apart the grip to defeat the shutter fire purpose

Or just get a used cheap flash grip like a stroboframe....

3. John cox

John cox Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok thanks. One more quick question.

Would it be advisable to use a B60 to 58 filter ring adapter on a 50mm distagon and the put a normal thickness filer on? Would there be vignetting? How bad? I have some very expensive filters (like $300 each) and they're in 58mm mount.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Get B60 filters and forget about step-up, step-down, or step-sideways adapters.

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Best solution would be to try it, the adaptor rings are only a few $'s. But, it sounds like an iffy proposition to me for a 50, it's probably ok for the 80 though.