Hasselblad: What is the difference b/w a 503cw and a 503cx?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by copake_ham, Aug 21, 2006.

1. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have been looking at 503cw's and came across a 503cx. Is there any significant difference between the two?

2. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Apart from the fact that the W has the larger, gliding mirror system (the X doesn't), a good place to look would be the photoethnography site. I'm guessing it might be a built-in meter or focal plane shutter (for the cx) but I'm just speculating wildly.

3. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I only know one difference, but that doesn't mean there are more as I'm sure there are more. I do know that the CW can take a winder but the CX can't. The CXi *can* take the winder though.

4. Phillip P. Dimor

Phillip P. Dimor Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    503cw and 503cx both have ttl otf. 503cw can take the winder. 503cw has the gliding mirror system which is nice if you use a long lens. 503cx has a body-cocked indicator, the 503cw does not. The 503cx isn't as new as the 503cw (1990's I believe) I wanted the 503cw, settled for the 503cx. I'm very happy. With the money I saved, I purchased a back, waistlevel and put a good part down on a used 80mm planar.

5. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ... or if you're doing anything even vaguely macro-like, which is not to say that it's just nicer... it makes it actually POSSIBLE to see more than half the frame.