Hasselblad WinderCW

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by arigram, Sep 28, 2006.

1. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've misplaced the manual for it and I need to connect the IR remote with the winder which haven't done yet, but can't remember the trick and I have a photoshoot soon that I will need it for.
    Can you help me?

2. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

Jeffrey A. Steinberg Member

Due you want to mount the winder? The IR remote doesn't mount to the winder if I read your post literally. Its like a tv remote control.

To mount the winder, push the silver tab backwards and turn the crank backwards and it will come off. Now, make sure the two red dots inside the drive are lined up (mine were not and I used a small screwdriver to move the inner gear (it moves in one direction only). Mount red dot to red dot, and then turn the winder down towards the camera so the trigger is lined up.

Have to do this without the lens on.

--Jeffrey

3. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    No, no, not "mount" the remote.
    From what I understand the IR remote and the Winder need to "identify" each other by some sort of setting up mechanism before the remote can "give orders" to the winder. As they are, the remote doesn't trigger the winder (yes, yes, I have the mode on RC). I remember a reference in the WinderCW manual when I first looked at it, but I can't find it now and can't remember what to do to connect the two guys.

4. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

sorry, I read too literally. I got mine second hand and it was set up.

Hasselblad has manuals on-line although it did not work last night. search for "manuals" (its not listed as a link) and you will find a page. When I clicked on V system manuals nothing happened. I could not find an on-line manual on the web, although lots for sale.

Try www.hasselblad.com and see if its working....

5. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I tried that the other day myself (after all, I made a thread here in APUG when I found out about the manuals) but couldn't get it to work either. I have downloaded all the manuals that would be useful to me some time ago from that very place and the WinderCW was not in my hard disk, that's why I resorted to asking in APUG.

6. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

Well, just thinking about it, lets try this. Hold down the remote button an press it for two seconds and then press and hold down the remote button for two seconds. It must be like a garage door opener. Thats how I program my garage door opener.

Sorry, its just a guess. Basically the receiver has to recognize the transmitter's frequency (so that multiple cameras don't go off with the same remote). just trying to help Aristolelis.

7. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you Jeffrey. Unfortunately that didn't seem to work... damn, where is that stupid manual now...

8. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In the end you were right Jeffrey. I found the manual and it describes the method you mentioned -but- with the WinderCW attached to the camera body. When I tried it before, it was not attached.

9. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

I was assuming it was attached. As Homer says "Doh!'

Cool--Glad I figured it out. I just wasn't sure if it was 2 or 5 seconds.

Did you get this information in time for your gig?

10. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    No, not really, but it wasn't that important.