Hassy sync cord

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by gronboi, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gronboi

gronboi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello all,
    Looking for a sync cord for my 500cm to Metz 4505 or Hassy proflash. The 500cm is a late model '74 and has a PC connection on left of camera body. Therefore I am looking for a "split' sync cord from the PC on the lens and the PC on the body that meet and connect to the flash unit. This will make it possible, I understand, to use the flash in TTL mode. A Hassy or Metz part # would be greatly helpful. Any lead to a person who might know would also be helpful.

Thanks to you all and a nice Spring

Gronboi

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I forget what the body PC connection was supposed to be for, and I can't find a description in my Wildi book. But no 500cm has electronics for TTL. The TTL sensor is in a 503CX or 553ELX according to my Proflash brochure.

3. Pgeobc

Pgeobc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a '73 500 C/M and it has the side connector on the body, but that one does not make it possible to do TTL/OTF flash. My later 503CW has a connector that really does make it possible. I think, IIRC, that the flash connector on the side that you are referring to is a left-over from the 500C for an old flash unit that is no longer made. Just use the PC connector on the lens with a flash unit that has a sensor and can do this for you. Or, if you want, use the guide number method.

4. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep that side sync is only on the earlier 500C/M's and was a hold over from the 500 C days.
    I also think it is tripped by the rear "barn doors" and not the lens itself but I'm a bit rusty.

I guess it could be synced with the shutter button or "release" in 'blad parlance?

5. gronboi

gronboi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hassy sync

Gee, didn't expect to get all this advice in just 12 hours. Thanks. Here's the configuration. I'm sure I can get along fine with just the PC sync on the lens but I'm so OCD I just have to know if its just a left-over or if I can actually use it. Of course the cord is probably obsolete. Thanks again. Gronboi

Attached Files:

6. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I tried to use a flash on my 500C, I first plugged it on the body. In this case the flash is triggered by the rear barn doors, I read somewhere (don't ask me where*) that the only use is for use on a repro stand with shutterless lenses.

*Think it was on Galerie-Photo, the French LF forum.