I'm fortunate to have a nice space to hang prints. My wife has an office in town, lots of wall space and nice lighting. We cycle a few prints out every year, if I get something new she likes. There (was) about thirty five prints on display, mostly on 16X20 and 22X28 mounts, and mostly bleached and toned liths. I do all my own matting, dry mounting and framing, which is about the only way we could reasonably afford to do this. Once I counted how many times a toned fiber lith had to be physically handled, from taking the paper out of the box to sliding it in the frame. It was 72 times, and about half of those were when wet. I get a call on a Monday morning, December 6. My wife was in tears. A hot water main had broken in a suite directly above hers, and the office was flooded with hot water. The water had been flowing for the entire weekend. 2 inches of water on the floor, and the walls and windows were dripping condensation. The office was entirely destroyed. Over the next two days, the office was ripped to the studs, including the floors and ceiling, and was in the dumpster. When her staff discovered the disaster that morning, the first thing they moved out was my prints. They stored them in another suite. In my mind, I pretty much skipped the stages of disbelief/anger/denial/bargaining/self pity and went straight to acceptance. I could not get over there until the evening, not that I was in any hurry. Amazingly, I couldn't find any condensation behind the glass, and the backing fiber boards were dry. I thought I was hallucinating. We put a dehumidifier in the room, closed the door and went home to pass out. Last week, we wrapped them up and took them home, and there they are in the spare room. Still no popped mounts, or condensation, or wrinkling. I really believe the saving grace was the rubber tabs on the corner of the frames, which kept them a couple millimeters off the wall. Also, the surface of backing fiber boards feels slightly hydrophobic, which probably helped. I guess what I get out of this is, these things are more resilient than they appear. I really could not have put them through more extremes of temperature and humidity (oh yeah, when we moved them home, it was 39 degrees and raining!). The upshot of all this: we're moving to a new suite; the plumbing is in the floor, and not in the ceiling.