Heads UP Tokina AT-X 28-85 Canon FD mount

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by januaryman, Oct 20, 2009.

1. januaryman

januaryman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was just looking around for a 35mm lens and saw this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110444840726&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I had one till it broke, (focusing scale got screwy, but the lens still functioned) then I quickly found another in great shape to replace it. An excellent lens, WA to medium long and macro capabilities. It's the only zoom lens I actually use.

I have no affiliation with the seller, but would hate this go un-discovered. I do not know if the seller is reputable, but his rating seems to indicate he is honest. Again, the plug I'm making is for the lens itself, not this particular one up on the bay.

2. Darkroom317

Darkroom317 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have one of these lenses too and have had the same focusing issue.

3. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Tokina AT-X 28-70 in Olympus OM mount that I have owned since I bought it new around 1984. Wonderful zoom and I have never had a problem with it.

4. Excalibur2

Excalibur2 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Interesting a shootout between a sp Tamron and Tokina AT-X in that appx zoom range.

5. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have this lens in Konica, Nikon and Canon mounts. I find it difficult to focus a lens this slow with a focusing screen that has any aids in the center. I use the Canon mount lenses more than the others. It I put it on an F-1 with an L D screen it's nice to use. I wish I had the lens in Minolta mount because the X-700 finder is so bright. My Konica mount lens needed to be tightened up. This is a pretty sharp lens for a zoom in its range but it's not made as well as a Canon FD or Nikkor lens.

6. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's a Canon FD 28-80 f4 zoom, the new type on US eBay you might want to consider, these are excellent.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009