Healthy view of photographic technologies

Discussion in 'Ethics and Philosophy' started by Mainecoonmaniac, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've admired Michael Kenna for over 30 years. I saw him speak at my Alma Mater CSU Sacramento. Here's an interview from a Japanse website.

http://procameraman.jp/Interview/overseas_file08_201207.html#English

Here's an excerpt.

"Q. Are You Afraid That You Might not be ABLE to Get Films and Chemicals in Few years?

When That Happens, I Will Deal with it. I CONSIDER my health to be FAR more Important than the Changing Technology of Photography. It's just the way it is. And if I Have to Learn digital then Surely I Can and Will. "

He was called himself as an "Old dog" when it comes to cameras and film.

2. coigach

coigach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting, an interesting read. Kenna comes across as smart, thoughtful and grounded in his approach to life and art.
    His books 'Calais Lace' and 'Impossible to forget' are amongst my treasured possessions.

3. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the read. Kenna is my favorite photographer and he seems to be a very grounded individual. Wish I had had the funds to buy even just one of his prints!

4. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Me too! I love looking at his art at the Wertz gallery in San Francisco. Glad looking is still free!

5. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Interesting read. He certainly has discovered his style and is very comfortable with what he is doing. Thanks for the post.