Hello from Anglesey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by MattySingo, Jun 18, 2017.

1. MattySingo

MattySingo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello Everyone,
    Found APUG whilst googling for information about Rolleiflex (more about that in another thread.) I live on the Isle of Anglesey and work for the local NHS Health Board. I've been interested in photography for a number of years, more enthusiastic than gifted as a photographer. I mainly use digital (Canon) but I am fascinated by proper photography and still use film. With the majority of people switching to digital I discovered that many of the cameras I wanted but couldn't afford in my youth are now available relatively cheaply through carboot sales, charity shops and junk stores. This realisation has now grown into a slight obsession with collecting classic cameras, ranging from pre first world war plate and rollfilm to the late seventies/early eighties slrs. I try to stick to mechanical cameras, nothing too electrical though some do slip through (couldn't resist a Nikon F3) and have a soft spot for old Soviet kit (my first proper camera was a Zenit TTL, I now have a run of Zenits from the 3m through to a 12xp and a Photosniper kit along with numerous FEDs, Zorkis, Kievs, etc.)
    Regards
    Matty

2. teejay

teejay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome aboard - I love Anglesey, spent many happy days there during school holiday , my dad had converted a disused railway station in Llangwylog - ahh happy days.

Tim

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

4. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's great to have you here!

5. Kevin Caulfield