Hello from Bangalore, India !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Kruger, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Kruger

Kruger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everyone,

I just finally managed to realize a long lasting dream of getting an SLR camera and an Analog one at the same time. Man I prefer analog to digital. It was more fun, even as a kid, compared to nowadays' digital spread that is offered by this technology. Even though it does have advantages and I wouldn't want to start a big discussion ^^.

Anyway, my name is Ben, I am currently doing an Internship in Bangalore where I acquired a Nikon FM10 in great condition for 65 euros (dunno if it's a bargain or not, maybe other users will know).

I finally found some film in a bazaar-like store, and bought 5 rolls. I was wondering if there was other photographers from Bangalore or that know the city to meet or get advice on where to get film and get it developed at an interesting price. I am especially looking for Black and White film but it seems unfindable as the store keeper said as well as the previous owner of the camera.

All the best !

Ben

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

4. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. gleaf

gleaf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome and best wished for helpful analog shooters.

6. Jesper

Jesper Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug and good luck with your pictures

7. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG!

8. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hello Bangalore -- i talk to people there every time I need help with my credit card bill.

65 euros is a great price for that Nikon -- have fun and we want to see pictures of India here with it.

9. Kruger

Kruger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks a lot everyone for the warm welcome ! I'll definitely post some pictures as soon as I start developing my rolls :smile:

10. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Ben, welcome to APUG! Can't wait to see some of your pictures from India (or anywhere else really) :wink:

11. debanddg

debanddg Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello Ben !!

Welcome.. Bangalore had been my second home for almost 13 years.. Suggest you get in touch with the BangBW flickr group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/bangbw/ ) members - they are an active bunch of film shooters who go out regularly on shoots over the weekends and other holidays..

Regards,
    Deb

12. KanFotog

KanFotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  13. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Ben.

14. Kruger

Kruger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Cool ! Thanks a lot for that info ! By any chance you know a place that sells B&W film ? It seems quite hard to find here, the most common film is just ISO 100 color from Kodak. It's nice but doesn't offer much variation I think ^^. I bought 5 rolls of that 100 ISO kodak color plus film. Do you think I can use it at night too ? I took some night shots but I don't know how they will turn out.

Thanks ! I tried GK Vale in Koramangala but they had nothing unfortunately. I'll try the other one close to MG Road. I have maybe found a Foto Circle with some B&W but the guy still didn't send me the quotes of what he has. Do you think I should negotiate the price down for expired film ? I'm interested by it cause it can turn out cool but I also won't mind saving film that store out of the fridge and stuff lol.

Thanks as well to Rachelle and Charles for the warm welcome ! I can't wait to see how my first two rolls turn out. It might end up being very frustrating or a great surprise !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  15. debanddg

debanddg Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ben - you can try RK Photoguide near Majestic bus stop.. They should be having B&W films.. Otherwise these days it is best to source films from other metros [mainly Mumbai / Delhi] or abroad.. In the flickr group I mentioned, we join hands and order films in bulk.. the moderator of the group [Sabir Ahmed] currently has some Fuji Acros 100 in 135 and 120 sourced a month back.. try out and enjoy ..

16. Kruger

Kruger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Debanddg, the RK Photoguide is that the one near Jayadeva Hospital ?