Hello from Baton Rouge, La

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by LSULance, Feb 21, 2012.

1. LSULance

LSULance Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm hoping to get some help and from what I've seen so far, I've come to the right place.

I'm at a loss at to how to price some darkroom equipment I was given over 20 years ago.

It's a E.Leitz/Wetzlar Focomat Ic with base tray.

It's in fair shape, but hasn't been used since before I got it.

How do I judge the value of it? The photography stores here haven't shown much interest in analog equipment.

What some options for selling it?

ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello LSULance and welcome to APUG. Regarding prices, when searching for comparable, the only thing that counts is if it sold and what the selling price was. An item that didn't sell will only tell you what price is wrong. Of course, finding potential buyers has to be factored in. Ebay is probably the biggest market to check for comparison but sometimes flukes do occur, that is, someone overpays, and that sold price is never achieved again. Anyway, become a subscriber and you can perhaps find you buyer at APUG. Good Luck.

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. Check out the classifieds on APUG and see what happens.

Jeff

4. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, I spent a lot of time in BR a few years back.

Completed prices on ebay would be the best place to start.
    Aside from that one of these was in the recent PHSNE (Photographic Historical Society of New England) auction.
    It collected no bids, and there was no minimum bid amount for it.

My recommendation would be to consider keeping the lens to market somewhere like APUG, or perhaps ebay, and sell the rest of the enlarger to someone doing Steampunk.