Hello from Maastricht

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Contrastique, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Contrastique

Contrastique Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, it took me quite a while to finally register here but I made it :smile:

At the age of 18 I started studying photography in Belgium and from that time on I just knew it's something for life.
    Started analogue and digital entered my life a couple of yrs ago due to the people I used to work with. About a year ago I bought the D200 and it's nice but analogue is far more interesting. A couple of weeks ago I was able to lay my hands on some Technical Pan from Kodak and it just blew me away. My digital one has not been touched since and I plan on keeping it that way. Hope to buy a Hasselblad in the near future but the budget is not yet there ;-)
    Films I use are mostly Tri-X. Paper in darkroom I use is Ilford Multigrade FB Warmtone.

Started reading this forum a couple of months ago and got blown away by all the knowledge here! I feel so dumb and unknowing compared to you peeps here :surprised:
    It was Iwagoshi who made me sign-up finally as we talked a lot about photography the last couple of months and I believe I got him into it again.

So I decided to chime in and say "Hello" to everyone. If some people are interested in what I make, there's a link in my sig to my website.

Oh, and thanks to all here for keeping b&w analogue alive! It's being really appreciated as in my surroundings I seem to be the only loon who places analogue above digital.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2008
  2. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug. I am sure you will like it here. Some very fine photography on your website!

Hans

3. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the forum, I look forward to hearing more from you.

4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hoi, dag, bon soir...

I visited the photo department at the Hasselt academy. I saw some interesting works there.

(In het `Landbouwbelang´ is it quite chilly this time of year, I assume.)

5. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. And don't worry about the level of knowledge. I've been into photography for 15 years, reading this site almost since it started, and still learn something new here almost every day. I just try to find it inspiring instead of demoralizing.

6. Contrastique

Contrastique Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Nice you know the Art Acedemy there. They have some nice work indeed.

Yes, het Landbouwbelang is very cold this time of the year. They have some nice parties there though and if you just keep dancing you'll be fine :D
    You speak dutch btw?

Thanx for all your welcome-replies :smile:. Looking forward to my apug-future here ;-)

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was around the art scene for years and thus know those `off´-places.

Been in Hasselt as well as Genk just last month. I guess I know my way in Flanders. And in Maastricht there is still the Tefaf waiting...

Yes, I'm fluent in Dutch.
    (but don't ask for my accent...)

8. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. This is a great place to learn and be inspired.

gene

9. Marc Leest

Marc Leest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    greetings from hasselt, the other capital of limburg

10. snallan

snallan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Contrastique, welcome from the UK.

11. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUGland!:D

12. MP_Wayne

MP_Wayne Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Welcome to APUG from Calgary Alberta Canada! I passed through, and visited your fair city many times when I worked in Den Haag between 1999 and 2001. I had a company car with a fuel card only valid in Nederland. Therefore, Maastricht was the best place as a jump off point to maximize the distance into Belgium and mid/southern Germany on that fuel card (and to minimize the amount of I had to pay out of pocket for fuel).

We did visit your fine city many times and thoroughly enjoyed some of the restaurants in the Centrum.

Again, Welcome !!! Looking forward to seeing some of your posts of photographs from you part of Nederland.

13. Marc Leest

Marc Leest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :smile:

Being 3th year student at the Academy of Fine Arts of Hasselt you've for sure seen some work of me there !

-M-

14. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi and welcome from Melbourne, Australia.

15. Contrastique

Contrastique Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hmm, dunno for sure. At what day(s) do you attend classes? I'm only there at fridays. I'm a 6th grade student.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  16. Marc Leest

Marc Leest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    tue, thu, sat

17. delphine

delphine Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello Contrastique, bienvenue de Londres. :D

18. Iwagoshi

Iwagoshi Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well it's not like it took a lot of arm twisting. If you are serious about photography, and I know you are, the obvious place to be is APUG, period. And yes, I totally blame you for getting me back into this madness as well as the associated GAS (Gear Acquistion Syndrome).:smile:

Sean...about that finders fee??

19. Contrastique

Contrastique Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hey Terry,
    Nice to see you here :tongue: This is definitely a good place to be with all the information available. The english terms are a little hard to follow sometimes but I have the feeling there's more info over here than on the dutch department.
    In a way it's just like headfi, people say all different sorts of things so mostly I'll be heading my own way and discover for myself. It's a good site for guidelines.
    Anyways, have a good time with your GAS (lol) ans such and hope to see some work of you soon!

20. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Your English is excellent. I know English is a pain to learn from scratch. It's a daft language. No rules. Or rather, there are plenty of rules of grammar but then there are 10 different ways you have to break the rules depending on the subject, verb, tense and probably the phase of the moon... Still, it would get pretty insular around here without all the non native-English speakers, so a particular welcome to you.

Have fun, Bob.

21. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum, Contrastique. Hope you find the environs hereabouts useful as all get out.

22. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Excellent work!
    I am very happy you joined us.