Hello from Michael Raso / FPP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by FPP, May 20, 2011.

1. FPP

FPP Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Hi folks.
    My name is Michael Raso. I'm passsionate about all-things-film and thrilled to be part of the APUG community.

I started the Film Photography Project in 2009 and currently produce/host the related Film Photography Podcast Internet Radio Show ( FPP - http://www.filmphotographypodcast.com/ ). FPP provides a forum for photographers from around the globe to share their creative output, challenges and product reviews, while promoting the viability of vintage cameras and film through frequent give-aways and exchange programs.

I shoot formats 110 up to 4x5 including instant photography. I'm overjoyed to be part of the film community and hope to meet some new (and old) friends here at APUG!

- Michael :D

2. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey, Michael, I'm a long-time listener to FPP and I love its quirky, fun approach to film photography. Most APUG folks will love it too. I was wondering when/if you would get involved here.

There's a lot of excellent technical information here (sometimes too much!) and a lot of contagious enthusiasm for film photography here and you'll learn a lot. People on these forums can learn a lot about positive enthusiasm for film from you guys at FPP!

Welcome.

Jeff Glass

3. Derek Lofgreen

Derek Lofgreen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Michael, welcome to apug. I love your show and listen to it every time you release a new one. great work, and super funny. I am glad your finally part of the apug community. There are some great photographers here that don't go near "the flika" (flickr.com).

D.

4. JohnMeadows

JohnMeadows Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Michael:

Always happy when your show is released, I love to listen to it!

Welcome to APUG -- great to see you here!

John

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG, Michael. I'm gonna look up FPP.

Jeff

6. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I've been a listener to the Film Photography Podcast from the beginning, and few people have done so much in so little time to advance the cause of traditional photography as Mr. Raso and his cohorts. Your podcast is both funny and impassioned, with an ever-increasing listening audience which spans the globe. With your friendliness and your generosity (what other podcast gives away film and cameras?) you have gotten digital shooters to give film a try. Your emphasis is always on fun, and I appreciate that. I am always looking forward to the next one. APUG members who haven't listened should give it a try:

http://filmphotographypodcast.com/

7. CD55

CD55 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Michael and welcome to APUG. I've also listened from the beginning. At first I didn't like the quirkiness of it but I've actually grown to like some things such as "The Google". Keep up the good work and again if anybody here hasn't heard it yet, give it a listen.

8. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmm. Mat obviously enjoyed his weekend with the Toronto APUG crew a few weeks back!

9. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

10. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. I'm gonna give FPP a listen.

11. al5256

al5256 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi

Hi Mike,
    Welcome to APUG.
    What happened to the Mamiya 645 Pro you bought and stored in the box as you told in one of the podcasts. Are you using it? I recently bought a 645 Pro and loving it.
    Thanks.

12. yeknom02

yeknom02 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Mike! It's about time you got on APUG and started spreading the FPP joy in a different arena. Just don't start spreading Joycams.

-Dan Domme

13. heespharm

heespharm Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Love the show... I'm glad my ciroflex went to a good home!!!

14. maliha

maliha Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pretty awesome show! Keep up the good work. Also, welcome to APUG!

-Maliha

15. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard Michael.....I still have some film that you sent me sitting in my fridge aching to be used....but as they say, so much film, so little time!

16. Axle

Axle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard Mike!

17. FPP

FPP Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sadly, my Mamiya 645 is sitting on the exact shelf where Mat and I put it as I was amazingly distracted by the Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5 camera I just purchased. I just ordered some film holders and a Polaroid 550 back from "The Bay." No worries, I'll pick up the Mamiya soon enough!

Thanks again,
    Michael