Hello from Northern Va...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by mtnbkr, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mtnbkr

mtnbkr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everyone.

I found this forum just the other day. I can't believe I've missed it for the past three years. Anyway, I never got into digital and have been growing more frustrated at photo forums and magazines that only discuss digital concepts.

Anyway, I'm mainly interested in nature and street photography. I primarily use a Nikon N8 and Olympus OM-1 (at Camtech getting an overhaul). Yesterday, I won an auction for a Canonet GIII 1.7. I've wanted one for the past two years. We'll see how that goes.

I shoot mainly Fuji Superia Reala in the Nikon and Kodak's C41 B&W film in the Olympus (it's a good match and produces nice images). I want to get back into traditional B&W, but I'm not sure where to start since it's been so long. If the Canonet turns out to be a winner, maybe I'll use it for my B&W camera.

Looking forward to learning...

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  2. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Chris.

You are sure to find all information you could need to get back into bw here. And if you don't there are more than enough knowledgeable people willing to help.

Ps. You'll love the QL17 GIII, recently won one myself, it's a brilliant camera. I also use an OM-1, another excellent camera.

Andy.

3. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Welcome welcome! Got an older Specialized stump jumper...and a lot of old camera stuff......you will enjoy it here.
    Dave in Vegas

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Welcome! Bianchi man here but I try not to be snobbish. :wink:

5. mtnbkr

mtnbkr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks guys.

The name "mtnbkr" is a bit of a misnomer. I haven't done any serious biking in several years. I mainly tow my 2yo daughter around in a Burley Solo these days. I keep the name because I'm mtnbkr pretty much everywhere online (except photo.net and one knife collecting site). FWIW, I have a Klein. :smile:

Chris

6. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the swamps of Md's easterm shore!