Hello from Phoenix, AZ!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by bllarkin, Jun 24, 2013.

1. bllarkin

bllarkin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello from Phoenix, AZ! I am a primarily digital shooter up until this point, but I really wanted to try out 35mm film for some personal projects, so I have picked up a couple of 35mm rangefinders (Canonet QL17, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Minolta Hi-Matic 7s) to play around with and see how it feels.

I am a portrait and street shooter primarily, but I am still really finding my niche and, of course, still learning. My wife has even noted that she thinks I finally found a hobby I have a passion for and I am sticking with :smile:

2. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. It's good to have you here. If you should find yourself in need of answers to film-related questions, there is probably no better place online to find them than APUG. The volume of film-based expertise available is truly staggering and those who have it are always very willing to share. Please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully your wife is correct.

:wink:

The Canonet QL17 is a wonderful little 35mm rangefinder. I own one myself. I purchased it from a fellow member here for a very fair price. It has become my favorite 35mm carry-around camera.

Ken

3. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome to the forum. I'm out there shooting every year or so as my parents live there. Must be getting a little hot by now tho to be cruising for shots.

4. bllarkin

bllarkin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It is a bit warm. I'm going "home" to Michigan in the fall and I'm really planning on putting these film cameras through their paces when I am there for a couple of personal projects.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG!

Jeff

6. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

7. gleaf

gleaf Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome. And enjoy your exploration of film and its capabilities.