Hello From Plainfield IL

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by exaktamoment, Mar 23, 2005.

1. exaktamoment

exaktamoment Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My name is Lou Lohman. I collect Exakta, Ziess Ikon and Konica - but I collect to use, not for the sake of collecting.

I run a web site for a group of Exakta Collectors at www1.exaktalist.org . The site has been down a couple of weeks now since we got hacked - I should have it up again in the next day or so. I also run a 'no fee' auction site for cameras and related equipment at www.camera-auction.com . As far as I know, it is the only site on the Internet that is strictly User-supported (through voluntary contributions) and devoted entirely to cameras and camera stuff. There are absolutely no fees associated with any activity on the site - you can join, list, bid, relist, set reserves and all the other things you can do on the 'other site', but there are no fees to pay. All we ask is that if you sell it at a good price, or buy it right or just cruise the site frequently to see 'what's going on', that you consider making a contribution to the site. The minimum contribution we ask is One Dollar, because of PayPal fees.

Lastly, as I have always said, I don't think I have ever taken a 'good' photograph, but I know one when I see one. That being said, I love photography - I have for as long as I can remember. I just wish I were better at it.

2. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Lou, welcome to APUG.

3. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Hi Lou. My first "real" camera was an Exakta VX1000 with a Travemat prism and an CZ Jena 50mm. What a great camera to learn photography with.

Welcome aboard.

4. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Afternoon, Lou,

Welcome from southern Illinois.

Konical

5. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi-de-ho from a longtime Kankakeean...now in So. California.

6. Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello from NE Illinois.
    Richard

7. roy

roy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome Lou.

8. Mark Schumann

Mark Schumann Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I like your site. I'm not far from you - Naperville.

9. exaktamoment

exaktamoment Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks - my other site is back online now (www1.exaktalist.org) and I am preparing another no-fee auction site, so I have been busy. But Mark - if you like my site, sign up. My next site is going to be www.photograph-auction.com, where folks will be able to buy and sell Daguerreotype, Ambrotype, CDVs, Calotype and any other 'type' that people might collect. I am also working on a portal site that will be (there is a primitive page there now) www.no-fee-auctions.com where all of the no-fee auctions I will eventually have running will be findable and reachable.

But thanks, I'm glad you like my site.

Lou

10. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Salutations from eastern Canada Lou,
    I just checked out your 2 web sites and they look wonderful.When I have some free time I,d like to log onto the exaktalist and find some information about the two exakta,s I was given this winter.
    Mike

11. Carol Flutot

Carol Flutot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome Lou,

I will let people know about your web-site's!

Carol

12. exaktamoment

exaktamoment Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you Mike. There is plenty of expertise in our group. If you have questions, I'm sure there is someone in our group that can give you answers.

Lou

13. exaktamoment

exaktamoment Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    And thank you, Carol. I need as much help as I can get getting the word out. Watch for my next effort at www.photograph-auction.com.

Lou

14. jss

jss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i did a double take when i saw the subject of this thread -- i grew up in plainfield, indiana!

15. Glenn Mathison

Glenn Mathison Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from Glenn in Sydney, Australia.

Enjoy your time here!

16. exaktamoment

exaktamoment Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you all for your expressions of welcome - I'm glad to see such a world-wide group on this site.

I am amazed at the number of camera-related sites and groups on the Internet - but then, I suppose I shouldn't be. The problem is wading through all of them to find the ones that are worthwhile. This is one, I think.

Lou

17. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome Lou. Iam a acheesehead. Is it any wonder my photography is constipated?