Hello from South Carolina

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Tiller, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Tiller

Tiller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello all,

My name is Tyler and I hail from South Carolina. A little about myself...

i currently attend the College of Charleston, majoring in Accounting. Then I will hopefully be getting my JD and MBA afterwards. I've just recently gotten into film photography. A member on another photography forum donated a Fuji AX Multi Program with 2 primes to me. I liked it a lot. So much so that I decided to invest in more film equipment. I purchased a Mamiya 645 Pro with the non-metered prism and an 80 2.8. I also picked up a light meter. I'm excited to get my first roll back.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I can't wait to learn and share with all of you :smile:

2. Marvin

Marvin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Tyler I live in NC now but am originally from Greer, South Carolina. I have kinfolks that live in Charleston and thats a nice area. Hope you enjoy the film cameras.
    Marvin

3. Nathan Riehl

Nathan Riehl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just drove through SC. I was going from Tennessee to Florida after I finished working at a job related convention (Tennessee to NC, NC to SC, SC to Georgia, Georgia to FL). Everywhere I went seems so much more interesting than here. I wish there was more scenery to shoot here.

Anyhow, welcome! Hope you enjoy the medium format shooter. I just recently got my first as well and I love it.

4. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard, Tyler. Beautiful country around Charleston. Hope to see some in the gallery soon!

5. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Tyler and welcome to APUG.

6. lightwisps

lightwisps Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hey welcome Tyler to a very addictive life style.. Addictive in the best imaginable way!! The deeper you delve into it the more fun it gets. This is an excellent place to get advice and ask all the questions you want. Don

7. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Tyler and welcome to APUG.

Jeff

8. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Tyler, and good luck with your education.

9. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My daughter and I toured colleges in South Carolina back when she was in high school trying to decide. Of all the campuses we visited, the College of Charleston was by far the most beautiful. We heard, however, that it's very difficult to obtain student housing there.

10. Tiller

Tiller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks all!

Chazzy - Thank you. It's a lot of work, but worth it in the end. At least that's what people tell me :wink:
    Jim, yes it is very crowded here. I live in town so I just stayed home :smile:

11. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG